Posts Tagged ‘chocolate poisoning’
What items in my house/garden could be dangerous to my pet?
The most common poison cases we see here in City Vet are as a result of exposure to household items. These could include: common foods (e.g. chocolate, coffee, grapes/raisins, nuts, yeast dough), human/animal medicines garden plants e.g. lilies and cats (very toxic and can cause kidney damage) garden pesticides, animal insecticides, rotting rubbish or compost…Read More
City Vet’s Newsletter for April
Here we give you a little insight to two interesting cases seen at City Vet recently. We hope you find it just as interesting as we did. Jack Jack came to City Vet as a stray cat with some serious injuries after presumably being hit by a car. He had a very sore front leg,…Read More
Is Chocolate Poisonous to dogs?
In April 2011, Pete Wedderburn wrote a piece on chocolate poisoning in small dogs for The Telegraph coming up to Easter. You can view the original piece here. Everyone knows that fireworks are dangerous to pets. Yet this time of year – Easter – is a far riskier time for dogs for a simple reason:…Read More