1. Get your pet prepared for a long journey by going on a number of short journeys first.
2. Do not feed your pet before you travel or in the car during travel. Wait until the journey is over.
3. Keep your pet secure in the vehicle. Keep your pet in a carrier or safely in the boot with good ventilation.
4. Never leave your pet alone in the vehicle. They can overheat very quickly.
5. Never allow your pet to have its head outside the window. They are in danger of head trauma, inner ear problems and lung problems.
6. If you travel frequently with your pet, you may want to invest in rubber floor liners and waterproof seat covers.